1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Propoellant-49 question please ....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Pinzgauer, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

2. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

anyone please ?

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Its funny how these guys get away with the MSDS sheet. Nothing on it ???
    When we did work for BP-America they never mentioned or speced that product.
    Send them an e-mail, and ask for a contact at the "White House"

4. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks T-MAN ..... have you used the product?

Thanks again ........

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

No I have not. Never heard of the product till you posted here. Honestly I think there reference sheet may be slightly exaggerated. :rolleyes:
    In my experience most of the "Super Duper" de-icers are not cost effective.
    The only way I would use the "Foo Foo Dust" products is if they are spec-ed by the client.
    Most have a really fancy bag, contain 90% Sodium Chloride, and are mixed with Mag, and or calcium. If you need a hot mix just by straight cal pellets and use straight or mix with your salt. Magic liquid or salt works well, but it is spendy. Plus it has plenty of mag in it to work effectively.

6. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks again ...

I was mostly curious about the impact lab test which "shows" that it's supposed to be basically completely benign to plants, grass, etc as well as to concrete and asphalt.
    Thanks ........