1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ProPlus pricing question?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by buckhigh, Oct 30, 2008.

1. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Is it me or does $4890 installed plus tax sound high for an 8' Pro-Plus? Standard with it is nighthawk lights and ulrta-mount. Just seems high for a chain lift/drop blade when I can get a Boss V for practically that price. Any insight if I'm getting ripped off? I have a 2002 2500hd....Thanks!

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

that seems high to me. my 8' pro plus was $4200 installed + tax. i would look around at maybe a different dealer. how much was a 8 ft boss straight blade?

3. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Local dealer BOSS prices:

8' straight poly super-$4550
    8' steel straight super-$4356
    8'2" V blade poly-$5042
    7'6" V blade steel-$4928
    8'2" VXT steel blade $5327
    7'6" STD poly $4318

Any Cleveland, Ohio peeps out there deal with Carnegie body?

4. roadstar

roadstar Junior Member
    from Indiana

About $4500 will get you a new 8' Pro Plus installed in north central Indiana.

5. austin23

austin23 Junior Member

You also might have a tough time getting the best deals this time of year.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Yes I do NEOLS I just bought a 8' pro plus for $3800 and with wings , snow flap and install + tax it came to $5100 and change. Normally it would be $6100 and change for the same unit. But I shopped around and they met the cheapist price I found

7. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

the painesville office? do you remember who you talked to and when did you have it installed at that price so i have a leg to stand on when i call them back?

8. jmainel1

jmainel1 Junior Member

In upstate NY I got mine put on my 2008 Ford F350 SuperCab Diesel for $4420, another dealer was $200 more, so about $4500 sounds average...$4900 sounds high to me...

9. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

$4400.00 installed three weeks ago 8.5 ft proplus Today i bought as a pick-up (install myself ) 4140.00.It was the last one they had in 8.5. Another co. was like 5600 installed and it was an 8.5 pro. Soon as they could install was Dec. 5th and we don`t want to risk it so hopefully it won`t be a huge ordeal going on an 03 Dodge 3500.THEY ARE GOING FAST. then if you have to order it more for frieght .They order like 300 at a time.

10. buckhigh

buckhigh Senior Member

Just ordered a 7.5ft proplus for $4535, and a backdrag blade for $87. He's doing timbrens for me installed at $250. I still think its high, but found this dealer to be the cheapest in Cleveland. He's also been very responsive to all my questions and concerns compared to the rest of the crooked dealers in town. When I right the check I'll make sure I bring lube with me. lol. After doing all my research on the many plows for my 2500hd, I hope I'm making the right decision with Western. Keeping my fingers crossed.

11. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We're looking at getting a new 9' ultramount proplus $4800 is the best price we found.

12. cadman115

cadman115 Junior Member

I just had a 7.5' Pro-Plus installed last month on my 07 Chevy HD. It was $4100 + tax.