1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Property Overview Maps

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by natmag82, Nov 24, 2012.

1. natmag82

natmag82 Junior Member

Hi All,

I am wanting to create overview maps of all my plow accounts and be able to highlight the parking lots in one color and highlight the sidewalks in another color so my plowers and shovelers know what is their responsibility.

I have tries using Google Earth and even the trial version of Google Earth Pro, but can't figure out how to make the lines.

If anyone is familiar with this or has any ideas....I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!:)

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Snag It

I have a app on my PC called Snag It, it allows you to do a screen shot and then you can add text, lines, circles etc..... Then you can save as a PNG, JPEG, PDF, etc...
    This is something very simple but you can make it as detailed as you'd want,

be1.png

3. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Use Google Earth. Click on File. Click on Save image. Then open your Paint program on your computer. Click File. Click open. And there ya go.

4. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

You can use the windows snipping tool on the start menu on windows 7 to take a screenshot and then use the pen tool to make notes or lines and whatnot.

5. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

coming back to this

6. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

No need to download anything or even use the Snipping Tool if you don't have it...just pretty the PrtScr (or Print Screen) key and a screenshot is now in your clipboard. Paste it into your image editor and crop whatever you don't want.

7. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I copy and paste out of Google Earth. I used to put them in paint and color code my sidewalks, stacking area etc. Now I just print them off and used different color sharpies to mark everything before I make copies.

site map12.jpg

8. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I do as born2farm does also.