1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Property Managers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike33087, Jan 4, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

does anyone know of any way other than calling the property, just for an example.... there is a condo association in my town that has just the name out front, no # or person to contact. so basically i need to find a way to get in touch with the property manager without harrasing the residents.... if anyone knows of a way like on the internet to see who owns or manages the place thatd be great.

2. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

some assosiations have web pages that they post the info from meetings ect on. Other wise I have no idea.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You could see if any are for sale and call the Realtor and ask. If it's a big place maybe they advertise in real estate mags they would have the number.Or lastly drive through and just ask.

4. WINTERGROUP

WINTERGROUP Member

Cold Calls

There Has To Be A Management Office Or Phone Number. Every Condo Association I Have Delt With Has A Management Office And Or Agent For The Owner.go On Line And Enter The Association Name With The Town You Are In And You Should Be Able To Find A Phone Number Or Call Your Local City Hall And Go To The Tax Assessor, It Is Public Record The Have To Tell You The Owner Info.

5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I'm sure if there was an office that said "Management" that he wouldn't have asked the question... heh heh... I don't think it would be listed under any kind of public records. The internet was a good idea. Pretty much it's up to word of mouth or drivng through the place/asking around.... I was asking myself the same question a few months ago...

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

doesnt' it annoy you doing caps on the first letter of every word?????????????? :dizzy:

7. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

YA its kinda hard to read just a little bit!!!!:dizzy:

8. mojob

mojob Member

Go to the Secretary of State"s website for your state. There, you can usually look up the owner/agent for that property. It will usually list the property manager or at least give you the mailing address for the HOA.

9. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

I believe the caps on first letter is done by the computer when the user types THE WHOLE SENTENCE WITH CAPS. THAT'S WHAT I WAS TOLD ANYWAYS AND I'M TESTING IT OUT RIGHT NOW TO SEE.

Doesn't seem to be working. Yeah, it must be hard...:cool:

10. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

thanks

thanks for the intel so far guys....there are a few small condo associations around here that do not have offices on site... im gonna try that secretary of state website. i tried going to the town hall and looking at the records but all that shows up is who actually owns each individual unit. i guess the best way is to just drive through and harrass one of the residents, thats basically what i was trying to avoid. dont really wanna bug the people that really have nothing to do with who gets hired, rather talk to managment anyways.

11. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

If they're small, or only a low number of units, they are usually resident managed and operated by a few residents of the condos that are voted to a board of trustees.

12. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol

thanks dufous, LOL, thank god ur my friend other wise :dizzy: lol like i didnt already know that based on what i already have for contracts lol... i was basically just looking for an online registry more like dreaming of one

13. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Dude, Why Dont U Just As Phil? He Will Tell U, That Is Considering He Has Most Of The Small Condos In Danvers

14. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Go to your register of deeds or online if your county is high tec. Type in the name of the condos and it will tell you who the resident agent is and there address.
    You just need to get a couple of condos and then people will see you out there or the property manager will have 5 other condo he managers and before you know it you will be mowing/plowing 10 of them. Good luck 300 unit condo site = 300 old people that know it all and have nothing better to do than what yoo.
    Hope this helps

15. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

So true, so true.

16. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

???

as in phil, from all around? i dunno how that would go even though i know him pretty good since i worked for him. he is usually pretty tight lipped when it comes to contracts and how to get them but i guess its worth a shot.

17. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Sometimes you can find a home owners association, or a county HOA web site which has registered local HOA's . They usually post the HOA name, secretary, treasurer, and point of contact. Work prety decent around here.

The other option like someone stated. Just ask one of the local that live their. They should have a contact or something. You might be able to check with a realestate agent, sometimes that sort of information is on file if their are or have recently been any units for sale.

18. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I would just knock on someone's door and ask who to get in touch with to place a bid.

19. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Seems like the logical thing to do. I used to do that till I found it's easier to just hunt the property managers down, and then you get the work.

Otherwise, knock on the doors. :D