1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Property Managers

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MidcoastMainiac, Sep 1, 2010.

1. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

I am bidding on 4 different properties that is managed by 1 person. They are each treated as seperate companies.

Would any of you guys throw onto the table any kind of incentive for him to sign all 4 with me such as a 10% discount on all 4 if all 4 are signed with me.? Or just bid them and hope for the best. Been getting low balled from other contractors with this guy.

Just wondering what you guys would do.

Happy trails.
    Midcoast Mainiac
  2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldnt offer 10% personally, thats a lot, unless you have it built into your price, which I don't believe in. Tell them about the advantages of only dealing with one contractor who can handle them all. Put your best foot forward to begin with, if you can afford 10% why didnt you just offer me that in the first place??
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have one prop manager who has 15 sites he manages. I started out with 4 as a trial. Now I am up to 10 of there properties and working on getting the last 5 this season. Like Longae said about telling him it is easier to deal with one company who can handle them all. Good Luck.
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Building in a discount, especially when you know that the chance to gain more business from the same manager is a possibility, is a sales tactic.

How many cars have you purchased? Did you pay sticker or asking price for each one?