1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Property Managers Dragging their Toes

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Burkartsplow, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I put a bid in on an apt. complex. I gave them a seasonal price and a per plow price. This is the first year they had no truck. they had the maintenance guys do it before. I know alot of people who live there and they tell me how bad they are. That is why I bid on it once i found out they got rid of there truck. I went through all the steps and handed in my proposal.the property manager said that they are not going to get a new truck this year. I get a call today from the property manager and he said they liked the per push price. So I am like okay i have it. He then says well they may gets us a new truck this year, but I dont know. he then tells me that if they dont get a new truck then the job is mine. I told him i dont have time to wait around and see if you guys get a new truck. That is something that needs to be decided now. it is almost december. I told him I need to fill up my work list and if you are going to wait around to see if you get a new truck, then if you dont and you call me and im booked then you are going to go and have to try and find someone else to do the work and pay a lot more money then originally. Being they never had to deal with a plow company at this apt complex they dont know exactly how it works, but i would think there main office who approves it has other complexes that have plow contracts. I am pissed off that they are dragging their toes and if they do end up calling me later and I do have room, then the price is going up for sure. this is my livelyhood and i cant wait around for ignorant people to make a simple decision. Damnit!!!!!!

2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I hear yaa...I would put your energy Into looking for another customer or 2 to fill his place.

3. kfd210

kfd210 Junior Member

Its like that until they need you when theres 4" of white stuff in their lot.

4. all seasons

all seasons Member

This is most likely a sign for you to turn your back and move on,if they cant commit to you in a professional manner at this point, what do you think they are going to be like from here out. Fill your schedule with other work and dont think twice about them.

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i think they are waying out buying the truck. its probably also just one of many things they have doing on and like any place the more people involved the more red tape. if you are buying a plow im sure you dont do it the same day you think about it. nor are they just going to go out and buy a truck. easy to be upset in that type of situation but i think you have to see their side too and that it isnt personal against you. i would just decide if your moving on or not.. if you move on and they cant find someone else it would just cause them to make their minds up on purchasing a truck a lot quicker. it has to get done somehow.

6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

theres a complex here in columbus that we bid.. 80 Acre complex. They said their truck got stolen last year and they have new ownership this year. Well of course we bid it.. Haven't heard anything from them but beings this is a new ballgame to them they will call in the middle of a storm when their tenants can't get to work.

7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

and you will charge them accordingly and explain to them it would be less expensive for them to become a regular customer than pay your emergency call rates. :D

8. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

no because the quote expired november 1'st and if they do call it will be a 24hr emergency rate visa/mastercard only. :D

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

one week

Well I tomorrow will be a week till I heard the great news I stated earlier. I am waiting on a pretty large bid to get back to me before I decide what I am going to do about the apt. complex. If I get the one I am waiting on I am going to tell the Apt complex that I need an answer from the managment company in regards to the contract proposal I submitted. put a little pressure on them. If they cant come to an answer and the contract runs up, and they call me in an emergency situation. You all know what that means payup!!! They will cry a little bit, but what can they do. My girlfriend lives in the apt complex and she hates the maintenace men that used to do it, because they suck at it and everybody complained last winter. So when they call i will say yes and give them a price and they will say okay back, and then I will think about giving them a better price for future plows, but not as good as the original.