1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Proper way to store snowthrower?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jdsonic, Mar 15, 2004.

1. jdsonic

jdsonic Junior Member
    from CT

This season I purchased a Toro Sno Commander 2 stroke snowthrower. What is the proper procedure to prepare this machine for summer storage? I haven't had a chance to see what, if anything, the manual says.

Maybe I'll get to use it one last time this week and then into the shed it goes.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

well ill try to speak for all. some fill gas tank and add stabilizer, some drain the tank dry, some do nothing at all. its your choice. i personally this past season filled everything and added stabilizer. depending on wether or not you start it up over the summer, how soon you will use it may help determine what you do. best of luck
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

drain out the tank and run it until it is dry, hit the primer and fire it again so that all the gas is out, pull sparkplug and spray fogging oil in the cylinder for 4 seconds, crank over slowly 2-3 revolutions. now the rings wont sieze over the summer
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

drain all the gas out or drain the carb to in the bowl