1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

proper way to set up rubber cutting edge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sticks, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Whats the proper way to set up a rubber cutting edge on a snow pusher?

I am getting a slight bit of snow not being cleared....

Some area of the lots are spot less cleaned to the blacktop, most have the snow still on it.

Perhaps i should look into a steel cutting edge.
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

When installing a new edge or adjusting, I drop the rubber/urethane about .5 inch below the skis.

For leaving a little "film"......depending on the type of snow it is, weather conditions , how much (if any) salt is used, it is just what can sometimes happen when running urethane or rubber. But unless the pusher has a tripping mechanism on it of some sort I would not put a steel edge on it. You would be running a high risk of damaging something, JMO.

FWIW, I will be replacing my rubber edges (when they wear out) on my pushers with urethane. They have proven to perform better than the rubber for me.