1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Proper way to mount LED hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Strobesnmore, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

The only way to get the most out of LED hideaways is to be sure they are installed properly. The placement of the bulb is key. Bulbs such as our E Series, Whelen Vertex, and the Nova W600 or X1100 should be mounted in the rear of the light reflector facing out. Installing the bulb in the side facing sideways is going to dramatically effect the light output. If you can only get the in the sides, top, or bottom go with the Nova W500 as they are specifically designed for that type of install.

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I have the Nova x1100 installed in mine bought from you guys. I am glad my installer knew what he as doing as he did exactly the way you described. Thumbs Up

3. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Absolutely correct! I've seen so many installs where somebody placed the bulb "where it was convenient" as opposed to where it needed to be relative to the reflector. The results are always the same - pretty lame output.

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

WHO was your installer there Reaper.....:mechanic:

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Wicked Warnings Wired!

Some guy named George. Reasonably priced and one hell of a guy who backs up his work. Would never hesitate to have him do any type of wiring or install on my equipment. Thumbs Up

Plow wiring, SnowEx 8500 V-box, Lights(both led in all 4 corners and a slick roof mount) 2 4x LEDS on salter. Rear back up lights with 3 way switch.
    Airlines for air shocks. Air compressor INSIDE of truck including dual operated switch. Upgraded Alternator to Battery cable.
    All completed by Wicked Warnings!
    Everyone who has seen my truck has asked if it was special ordered from the factory it is that clean and professional of a job. ussmileyflag

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011