1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Proper Tire Pressure

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Grant9454, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Grant9454

Grant9454 Member

I've done a lot of searching but am still a little unsure so I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I'm looking for what psi I should run my tires at, it's a silverado 1500 cc, I have a fisher ht and am running about 450 lbs. behind the rear wheels. The tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T
    Thanks for the help!

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Are they passenger tires or light truck.

Chances are they're passenger = 35 psi 40 max

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I would run them at the max tire pressure stated on the side wall of the tire, for the tires carrying the load. So for instance, i run BFG all terrains Load range D. They call for 65psi so in the winter I run the fronts at 65psi and the rears at factroy specs (most likely in the low to mid 30psi range, and can be found on the tire tag located somewhere on the vehicle, normally the drivers door area). Then the summer I do the oppsite as I tow a camper with the vehicle.