1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Proper chain and plow stop height adjustment EZ Plus E60H

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Dec 16, 2013.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

What is the proper setup of the chains, pump height and stops for the a frame to limit the height the blade comes up? Should the pump pull against the stops before it maxes out of lift travel?

2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Snowdays, we have all of our stops adjusted all the way up so the plow can stack better, its not a problem on our trucks, we made sure the A-frame could not go high enough to hit or damage anything (some trucks/mounts different, just make sure the A-frame can't hit the bottom of sump base). The A-frame does not have to rest on the stops when at maximum lift travel. you want to adjust the chains where you have enough lift for cutting edge clearance of the ground, But when you lower the moldboard, you want a few inches of shaft travel so when its in "float" the moldboard can lower to follow any dips in the roadway/driveway/parking lot. Let me know if ya need a picture to help clear things up. ussmileyflag

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Hydraulics generally shouldn't be fully extended. Most plow lift frames and a-frames are designed with stops to prevent them from going too far -- I know that every meyer I've owned has had such (when the parts were properly matched, at least -- though some of the frankenmeyer units didn't have them line up correctly).

So generally, the plow a-frame should contact the stop on the lift frame slightly BEFORE the lift cylinder maxes out.

4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

E60's can blow the cap off if you let them go all the way up and not hit some type of stop. Usually happen when stacking and the weight of the plow is sitting on the snow and you hit the up button.