1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Proper blizzard power hook up

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ed salvatore, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Concerning the proper hook up of a Blizzard Plow with the Power Hitch. Some say that following hook up, keep the power "claw" up tight against truck while driving/plowing, others say it's not necessary.

Just want to make sure I am straight on this.
    Once you've lowered the draw arm and power drawn the plow in tight for hook up to truck,

-you then insert your pins & cotter pins,
    -lower the power hitch claw, (as directions say, relieving tension on the fold down draw arm)
    -raise the fold down draw arm back into original position,
    -and then do not re-activate power hitch claw, leaving the power hitch/claw without contacting the bar

Then, get into vehicle, switch power on to controls, and raise plow with controls, & done.
    Ready to plow.

Is that the proper procedure? Basically, power hitch claw does not need to be in contact with bar under truck once plow is hooked up?????

Thanks
    Ed

2. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Hmmm...I've always just raised itup, put the pins in and got back in the truck. I'm not sure if it CAN do what you are explaining, when you raise the plow from inside everything is pushed back tight together anyway....I think ...

You have me confused now, but give it a minute ... we will both be more confused then ever in a few more posts I am sure

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I just learned the same thing after reading about the draw arm not needing to be up after you hook up the plow. In a sense it does not, but it will eventually. I hooked mine up and left the draw arm down got back in the cab and as soon as I went to raise the plow there was a pause until the arm grabbed on the the push plate. So in a sense it does need to be up.

Not that complicated of a device but why can we not figure it out?

4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Sure, the draw arm does not need to up up after installing the pins but when the plow is raised up, be it from power hitch switch outside or plow control box inside the cab it will raise up. If it wouldn't the the plow would not be able to raise up.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Thanks for confirming. After reading in here I was confused and it seemed like checking it out myself straightened it out. Simple I know, but from reading here it was confusing.

Thanks,
    Chris

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

And to prove this , try plowing without putting in the pins. The plow will come off the truck when its lowered into the float position.

7. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Amazing how it works, I had to look at the power hitch for a while. Really, it's very simple and works great (when used right).

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Course it is simple. That is why it took me so long to figure out. :)