1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

proof! it DOES get dirty!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Mar 5, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

haha i know alot of guys have said "damn that truck of yours never is dirty" well its been in the 40s here so theres alot of road spray and i've actuly been dirving the truck. reason it stays so clean when its cold and snowing is because our roads stay frozen and theres no spray of anykind.

also, today i FINALLY figured out my surging idle/dieing problem..turned out to be vaccume line that wasnt conncted..so i'll be more willing to drive it..hopfully that will help my MPG issues also. fingers crossed!!

but thought i'd share a few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 91AK250

3. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

Sweet pictures, love the setting.

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Great pics

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Your lucky you have a burnt orange color doesnt show as bad lol. I have black and it shows anything that is everything lol. I usually bring my truck to work the next day and clean it tho. I also wish I could get the salt painted on my truck like that it looks cool :D

000_1433 (Medium).jpg

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice pictures

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

thats a tough looking ford...both of them!

8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

wait u said it gets dirty where is the dirt.

9. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Where is the youtube video? LOL

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. Wow 40's this time of year?

11. 91AK250

yeah we had warm winds come in from hawaii causing 90+ mpg winds and 40degree weather...alot of our snow is gone and everything is brown..really sucks it happends atleast once if not more a year.

i've been driving the truck all day today, i fixed that vaccume line last night and that did it...its running great no surging idle or dieing. i'm also getting alot better MPG.

before i was getting around 5-6mpg dirving without the plow around town. since i fixed it i'm now getting about 10mpg and it may be alittle better then that..so i'm excited.

also yeah the orange hides the dirt very very well! another reason i picked it haha back is a tough color..i couldnt do it so probs to the guys with black trucks!

12. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Some of those shots could be either advertisement worthy or Postcard worthy. The scenerey is awsome!

13. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

90mpg winds ... SWEET i want those, would really cut my fuel costs

14. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

CMON GET THAT SALT OF THAT BEAUTIFUL PAINT JOB...........THANKS FOR THE AWESOME PICS :drinkup:ussmileyflag

15. 91AK250

yeah, the winds were nasty i could hardly get out of the truck!

luckly its not salt :) just muddy water we dont use salt up here on the roads..thats one reason she doesnt have a spot of rust on her. when i took it all apart for paint i really looked it over good and it didnt have any.

16. 91AK250

sombody said somthing about a youtube vid? lol since its been so warm and snowing at night we have a ton of slush on the driveway..i attempted donuts..but didnt work too well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRtvqshY2hI

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Going with the black and white cow theme on the explorer to the left?

18. 91AK250

haha, thats actuly what we call it "the cow"

its one of my many projects..it will eventuly be painted white and the same orange as the f-250...yes i had a extra 1/2 gal from painthing the 250 lol

[​IMG]