1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pronovost PXPL in Stratford!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickSnow&Mow, Jan 5, 2015.

1. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

I saw some guy pulling into my area with a big new holland and a 92" PXPL anyone know/of him? I think he's new to our area.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

There's a guy here too with a 130 kubota rental tractor with a pxpl too, watched him do a few driveways today, man that thing is impressive!

3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Did he have a wing plow on the front too? Down doon area?

4. Triple L

from Canada

No, has about 10 green tractor hanging off the front of it tho...

Lots of guys trying to be neige?

5. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

Ya I guess so.... I was really surprised to see one around here. Problem is its atleast a 100k investment. for that much you cuold get a small wheel loader and a snowwing( I think) like triple L has. or the same 100 horse tractor and snow wing and do commercial. Theirs more profit in large commercial than 100 driveways isnt there?

6. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks that's mine.

7. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

There's 6 and it ain't enough. The pxpl is a loaner until my Inv-92 is built they were out of stock. I can't wait as the pxpl isnot the tool for my job.

8. Triple L

from Canada

Really? I thought it did an awesome job!

Does that tractor cruise the whole city or what lol

Do you guys do the city sidewalk and front steps too with a different machine after?

9. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

No he has a route up the west side.

I only do sidewalks on a handful of my customers so we do em with a shovel. 90 percent are driveway only.

It does an ok job but it doesn't actually blow while driving forward unless there is alot of snow. It's also really heavy. It's a good unit don't get me wrong just not what I'm after. If I had a bunch of longer lane ways or as one in a fleet so I also have blowback and truck loading capabilities on commercials it would be good but I want to blow 2cms while driving forward. As I'm sure you saw he was dragging it to the street and shuttling back to blow. Which isn't really what I want to be doin.

10. Triple L

from Canada

Yes I agree, if you don't mind me asking what's a tractor that size worth to rent for the winter? Thought total was all deere? You supply the snowblower I assume and just give the tractor back in the spring?

11. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

That is correct. It's 10k plus HST.
    they have both. Next year it's deere or new Holland I want. The travel speed on that tractor is 12km slower than the equivalent deere or new Holland and I can definitely feel it doing the route.

12. Triple L

from Canada

Wow really!!! When I seen it I thought it was cruising!!!

13. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

It tops out at 38. Any 6430/7430 I've run does 45-50. The T6175 my friend has from Coleman this winter does 50 as well. Just a couple changes to keep in mind for next year lol.