1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Projhect Cheapo muffler..pics

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by TJS, Feb 25, 2012.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

So there is no way I am paying 600.00 for a Ford Factory exh. system as my muffler is rotted out. The pipes are fine just the muffler is gone. I also looked at the walker pipes and they are thin junk. The factory pipes are sort of mandrel bent and real thick material. I priced a walker replacement muffler 18887 and was quoted from 110.00 to 130.00 at 2 different parts stores. My buddy owns one of them. Go figure. Anyway got the same one at rockauto.com for 63.00 plus a few bucks shipping. Cut apart the pipes today and had to add a little bit to each end. I had that material laying around. Took about 3 hours. I still saved money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Couple more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last fall i got a oem muffler and tail pipe from Ford for 90.00 .Go to know someone in the parts dept!

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I used the same muffler on my 04 HEMI before I traded it in. Got the muffler (Dynomax/Walker QuietFlo) and tail pipe from Rockauto for about $100 shipped. Was a nice unit, I think you'll be happy.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ran the truck and it is really quiet which is fine by me.