1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

projector plow lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kingcat400, Feb 15, 2013.

1. kingcat400

kingcat400 Member

2. gregorylights

gregorylights Junior Member
    from Indiana

looks good hows the light output

3. kingcat400

kingcat400 Member

awesome. about as good as my hid headlights.

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job I was thinking of doing h4 conversions with 90/100 bulbs.

5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I think you're going to find several problems with that plan. First, the wiring in newer trucks is no longer thick enough to handle the extra amperage. So, all you'll end up with is maybe a tiny bit of extra light. Worse yet, you might just melt the harness. Second, true higher wattage bulbs (that really put out what they advertise) are few and far between.

If you ask me, the cheapest way to go is better lights. The new Fisher / Western units are downright awesome for instance - and they have a warranty. Or if you're handy, a projector conversion would be great. Remember though, your lights take a hell of a beating up on the plow frame. Make sure your conversion takes that into account.

6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

My harness is all upgraded with relays. I wont have issues with overheating wires.

My s10 blazer has the same setup and it works like a charm. Way better then sealed beams of course :rolleyes: