1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Project Vee Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dbcustoms, Feb 17, 2011.

1. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

started this project a little while ago, we started out with a meyer c8 we picked the whole setup for $200 so we figure we dont really have anything in the blade since we got a good e60 pump, a touchpad controller, and a lift frame that we needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

here are couple of the tear down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we got the sector frame out of the way since that wont be used anymore, we also cut a small slot bown the molboard to be able to start figuring out where the hinge will sit, we then cut the pivot point off the a-frame
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

once we got everything we didnt need anymore out of the way we started working on the trip hinge, we are building it like a boss plow so it will be a full trip molboard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Cool looking forward to seeing finished pics

5. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

once we got the trip hinge dont we moved onto the hinge tower for the vee
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we then opened up the molboard to start fitting the hinge into the molboard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we think we got the hole through the molboard pretty close but it sure is hard to figure out the curve that needs cut so the plate on the hinge will fit nice, we also figured to let the molboard in one piece untill we have the hinge tacked in, then we will make the 2 final cuts to seperate the 2 halves.

6. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

i decided to tack the plates to the hinge so now we can insert the hinge into the molboard and then get the plates tacked in place
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hopefully tomorrow night we will get the plates in place and can seperate the molboard, it apears the trip hinge will have to be modified so everything will clear at full angle

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

silver lake sand dunes Thumbs UpThumbs Up

keep up the good work!!

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Lookin good so far. I am anxious to see the finished product.

9. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Looking good!

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I like this so far!

How are you planning to control the hydraulics? Are you using single-acting cylinders and springs like the Boss as well?

11. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting fab job, going to enjoy watching this one!

12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

how about you take this one step further and make it an expanding V plow!!

13. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Subscribing! Can't wait to see more progress!

14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thnk your onto something...then take it a step further and make it an expanding v-plow with wings like a Blizzard!

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a fun project, what size Hiniker do you have? Is it a V that you are using for ideas

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  16. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

we are using the meyer single acting cylinders with return springs like a boss, we havent tried it yet but we think if we agle full right then put power to the c valve coil without the pump running that will allow the right wing to retract, but like i said we have not tried this yet, if that doesnt work we may have it manually vee

17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is what he meant by expanding v plow.:mechanic:

18. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

it may have wings on it yet, the ones off the meyer plow in front of it lol

the hiniker is a 9.5' V it is one of my friends, he dropped the blade in the shop so we could reference it as needed, although with it being a trip edge it is definetly a lot different design then what we are using, but it really has helped though with looking at the main vee hinge though.

we have been using an exploded veiw of a boss and fisher vee also to help with ideas and design

19. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Subscribed! Going to be an interesting build!

20. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Man that is an awesome project! I wish I had the tools to do something like that...only so much I can do with a sawzall and a 110 welder :)help:).

Be sure to keep us all updated.

Let me know if you need any close up shots of a full trip Hiniker V.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011