1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Project "clifford" build thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Deerewashed, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

Hey Guys, For those of you who dont know me, my name is Hank. Im turning 17 in a month, bought my DMAX a little under a year ago. Some may not believe me, and thats ok, but i bought the truck myself, and will be buying all these parts myself.

Its that time for me to hop on the build thread bandwagon.

Here is what i am starting with:
    2005 ext/lb 2500 lly.

TO-DO LIST:
    Cognito 4-6 ntbd
    bmf novakane stealth 20"
    35" toyo
    7" stacks
    efi live "moonshine"
    Built trans
    lml hood
    heavy duty front and rear bumper
    a few other odds and ends i will as as i go.

HERE ARE SOME PICS:

400523_283765245012089_80325552_n.jpeg

426732_307858132602800_118002469_n.jpeg

540963_327291433992803_450091393_n.jpeg

382438_392713084117304_827784282_n.jpeg

564611_392713207450625_1085396218_n.jpeg

2. Deerewashed

Also gonna get repainted after the snow has come and gone.

3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Dont rice it up with stacks

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.

I'd say pass on the stacks, when I was 17 I couldn't wait to get a diesel and throw some stacks on it, lift, etc. At 23 I'm sure glad I passed on the stacks phase.

Also I don't see how you'll get a 2011+ hood to work on your truck. Totally different body lines, grill, headlights, etc.

Some other parts to consider would be some gauges (atleast an egt gauge), lift pump, steering braces, stronger tie rods, transfer case pump rub fix, and a transfer case brace. Some traction bars wouldn't hurt either.

5. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Whats wrong with the paint? Besides it being red of course....

6. Deerewashed

Rockers are dinged up, paint on 2 doors are ******, need new tailgate, want new lml hood.

The guy whos in my town who i am buying them from is going through the same thing. he enjoyed them for 3 or 4 years, and after towing and driving full loads at highway speed, the drone was killing him. Now its my turn to do the same. Dont worry, it will look good, and i can screw with the local rich kids in their nice bmw's and audis.

A guy on duramaxforum has an lml hood on his 04. What they do is lay the lml hood on the lly hood, and are able to make it work. Gotta talk to him more, but i know for a fact it can be done, and its something different.

Guages- will come when lift pump gets added.
    transfer case pump rub-will look into it
    transfer case brace-will look into it
    traction bars- will be added late January.
    Tie rods-already covered when i bought 4" ntbd kit from norcal today. But i will be adding kryptonites later on. I have read those are the way to go.
    steering braces- almost positive they are comming with lift.

Yes i ordered lift today, new pass. mirror coming tomorrow, downpipe coming wednesday, stacks coming at end of week. Dont worry, they will look good. they are coming off my buddies red duramax.

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Yea I saw that, it was a black duramax right? Should look good. Black or Chrome stacks? I would do one imo.

8. Deerewashed

No, the black one is another buddy in my town. His truck is pretty nice too. He is in love with his stacks and wouldnt ever think about selling them. i bet in a year or two though... We got a little posy of local rednecks with stacks. You in the area?

9. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

I agree, I'd do a single stack in the center of the bed if it was me.

10. Deerewashed

black duals. Single doesnt look good on ext. lb srw imo. long beds need duals.

11. Deerewashed

durafish, if your in the area, do you have a torsion bar tool i could rent? i need one bad for one day, lol.

12. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

No sorry, if your trying to adjust them its just a socket.

13. gallihersnow

What color you gonna paint it?

14. Deerewashed

same color...lol victory red. I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! it will be cheaper, i wont paint roof, and dont need to get all the nooks and crannies and it will look fresh from factory.

15. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Nice truck. Plans look good :nod:

16. gallihersnow

Ah, I see.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice looking truck. I have to agree with other members that I would just pass on the stacks. If you want to screw with them do a 5 inch exhaust out each side behind the rear wheels. The truck looks nice as it sits. Honestly I wouldn't change a thing.

18. Deerewashed

Glad i got your approval, your the gm and duramax king on the site right now...better watch out them, i may come up from behind you and steal it out from under you.

19. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I am not worried, I love seeing trucks be transformed from stock to cool. :)

You going to plow with this truck?

20. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks good. Is it getting a plow?