1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Programming a wireless controller

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MOWBIZZ, Oct 30, 2007.

1. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I was thinking of getting a backup wireless control...I can go to my dealer and grab one but my question is, does he need the plow or can he just open the wireless unit and copy some switch settings or something like that??

Thx

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Each transmitter unit has it's own freg. I they program your plow for the back up your original won't work.

You do need the plow to introduce a new transmitter to the receiver. I suggest you learn to program the transmitter yourself, it's not hard. Then you can carry an extra and introduce it if needed.

But more then a new transmitter I'd carry 4 extra batterys.

3. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Yeah...that makes sense..thanks

I do have a crapload of batteries at my disposal and they're in the truck and ready to go...

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A fresh pack every fall. Carry more then two. Most guys have no problem plowing a storm or two on a set, but you need them in the truck.

a way to tell if you need fresh batteries is to look for the flicker. The unit will turn on with low batteries but it won't flicker when you give a command. If the unit flickers it's transmitting.

5. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Wireless Programming

Ok, thank you for the advice...