1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Programmer vs. Warranty

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Eronningen, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Got an 08' 2500 CTD in Oct. I love this thing. Plowed with it 12 times now.
    So I have chipped my Ford Pstokes in the past but ended up removing the programmer from my 06 PSD. Blew head gaskets out. Can't warranty it with it in so I removed it and never put it back.
    So all you guys that are winding these things up, are you going nuts with them and then removing the programmer before taking in for warranty work? If so, is there one thats bad ass, yet easy to remove. The one in my PSD was a 30 miinute job for a tech that does it for a living. (Superchip) Or is there a product they will let you have and still warranty? I doubt.
    I'd love to juice the truck up but don't want to be pulling crap off and on all the time to sneak in for warranty.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

If you want a warranty then don't chip it. The new trucks, all of them have some isseus and it asking for trouble. The big three are hurting right now and they don't want to pay a legit warranty claim.

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ask your dealer what they recommend. My dealer will install and still cover warranties with Banks products. They have never said anything to me about my Edge or my other mods. I've been fortunate with my truck and have only had it in a couple times.

My brother had an electical problem with his 07' CC Duramax and they asked him to put one on:confused: not too sure how that was going to help but it did. He hasnt had a single problem with it since putting the Edge on that one.

Be sure your dealer is cool with it and dont worry about it.