1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Profit

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by NCass31, Jan 19, 2007.

1. NCass31

NCass31 Member

Seeing the snow fall last night kept me from sleeping so i started crunching some numbers to figure out my costs/profits... i made decent profits on the 3-6" pushes, as well as the 6-12". when it came to the 12+ i couldn't figure out how much my costs would be and the smaller profit really bothered me...yes the net would be large, but the costs would be too... just wondering about one timers new accounts when we get a heavy snowfall like that. if more than likely i will get at least a couple one timers or maybe even will-calls out of it, then i don't mind the lower profit number wise, it will be made up with those. i just hate to have to rely on that. my numbers are already set with customers so going back and changing wouldn't go over to well, maybe just a learning lesson for next year...

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

You don't charge per inch after 5"? That's where you are losing a ton of money!