1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Production Rates?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SixStar, Nov 7, 2006.

1. SixStar

SixStar Junior Member
    from Boston

Question on Estimated Production Rates.

I've looked all over plowsite.com but I have not found this info yet. If there is a prior thread with all this info please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to price commercial office property for the first time and along with the plowing and carting we will be responsible for clearing walks, loading bays and docks as well as primary, secondary and emergency exits. The only rate I have as an estimate at this time is plowing 50k sq ft per hour with an 8' straight. I want to base my rates off of estimated production rates. Please comment on what you have found to be your hourly production rates for the following. Thanks.

Plowing & Sanding
    -Plowing Square feet per hr 8':
    -Plowing Square feet per hr 9':
    -Sanding Square feet per hr with commercial spreader:

Shoveling and Sanding
    - Square feet per hour:
    - Linear feet per hour ( in the case of average 3'-4' wide walkways ):
    - Standard Stairs( 3'-4' wide):

Snow Blowing
    - Square feet per hour:
    - Linear feet per hour ( in the case of average 3'-4' wide walkways ):

Carting
    Per tonnage:
    Per hour:

2. SixStar

SixStar Junior Member
    from Boston

Also

What about staking? Does anyone have an hourly production rate for staking out property? Is there a best practice method for handling the work and charging for this? Thanks in advance.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Staking is for your benefit not theirs.No charge I don't stake anything.

4. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I've never head of staking property and IMO you can't charge a property by it's size alone.

You've got to look at the difficulty level! Some places are a breeze while another place the same size could be hell on earth!

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

way too many variables.....the size of the plow is just as important as the vehical that it is on. example 9' plow on a 2 ton will do different the a 9' on a short bed 4x4. as with the sanding... our commercial 2 yard will do way less than our commercial 5 yard, due to reload time. shoveling is the same...depends how fresh your help is.....hope this helps you.