1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

production rates for truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sectlandscaping, Oct 31, 2011.

1. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

How much work is to much? I was just wondering how much work you put on each truck. I never seen a discussion of production rates per truck.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

To many variable on that. How experienced are you?
    What type of snow?
    How much snow?
    Time of day?
    1st plow of the season?
    Type of truck
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I run a max of ~60 driveways/jeep
  4. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

the rule of thumb on here is a acre an hour, with a 8 + Vee or straight blade, in a wide open lot. I don't agree with that but thats just me and I like to not to beat the crap out of my trucks. so a little over a hour. and thats leaving the property with snow pushed pass the curbs and not crumbs & trail offs left on the lot!

entry scarasm here.
  5. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

I understand the 1 acre a hour but Im talking about per day. For instance I try to schedule 6 hours of work per truck. That way if things go bad or slow theres still room to cover it. I could lose a truck and the other 2 would take on 3 hours each. I wouldnt say 6 acres per truck because of travel time and other variables.
  6. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

That's about the same rule of thumb that I use. There will be some storms where those trucks work for 10 hours and others when the trucks only work for 3-4.