1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

prodigy?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bubbles10, Mar 4, 2013.

1. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

saw this on facebook on northland equipments page

Press Release: Western Products Skid Steer Loader Applications

Western Products now offers both the popular PRO PLUS® straight blade and the new PRODIGY™ winged plow for skid steer loader applications.

The PRODIGY snowplow delivers multi-position winged-plow performance in a unit that’s as easy to operate as a straight blade. Thanks to a patented mechanical wing design the WESTERN® PRODIGY blade automatically positions its wings to deliver maximum plowing efficiency whether in straight-ahead scoop mode or when angled for windrowing.

“When positioned for straight-ahead plowing, both wings automatically angle forward, defaulting to a ‘scoop’ position that clears an 8-foot 7-inch swath,” says Doug Clark, WESTERN product manager. As the blade angles left or right for windrowing, the heavy-duty coil compression springs and cable assembly pull the trailing wing back until in line with the moldboard while the leading wing remains angled forward to capture more snow and clear a 7-foot 10-inch swath. “The PRODIGY plow is ideal for use with skid steer loaders,” adds Clark. “With the leading wing
    angled forward for windrowing you’ll maximize windrowing efficiency since you can take a bigger bite on every pass with minimum spill-off.”

Western Products also now offers the PRO PLUS straight blade with a skid steer mount. “The PRO PLUS snowplow has been a proven heavy-duty performer for several years,” said Clark. “For skid steer applications it’s available in 8-, 8-1/2- and 9-foot widths.”

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

thats just the blizzard speed wing

3. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

i know blizzard has one but is this something western is going to start producing

4. dieselss

Blizzard came out with it first.
    Dd bought blizzard. And now no more original blizzards. There all Dd.

5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Well DD bought it so they could make the western and Fisher wideouts without getting sued

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

winning!!!!

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Pics up on Facebook

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Wait a minute, DD bought Blizzard?

No way!

When did this happen?

Now, when will DD give Blizzard dealers a Blizzard V-plow since the Speedwing was supposedly exclusive to Blizzard.

Another nail in the Blizzard coffin?

9. Ajhenderson13

Ajhenderson13 Junior Member

I wish i would of got a new western "speedwing" I bought a blizzard last year and it sucks to put on and off the truck! And the blizzard ultra mount adapter is a pain... we got a couple inches of snow and i had to use a bottle jack to get my plow to where it would hook up! I love the speedwing function tho!

10. dieselss

I think 07 08 Dd bought blizzard and its been over for blizzard since

11. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013