1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Procrastinating customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kodiakguy, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Ive been busting my but for almost 2 months to keep customers and earn new customers. Ive learned from all my signed customers that my prices are right smack in the middle, which im happy to hear. One customers even showed me a bid from a Lowballer competitor that was HALF what I bid, they still signed with me. :D

However, my phone has started to ring consistantly with people wanting bids, both new commercial accounts and residential drives. Im not complaining here, im happy, I was wondering if anyone else has been experianceing he same here in northeast ohio.
  2. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

part of it is that everyone is looking to tighten their budget and are getting quotes for all services they buy. I am doing it too and am saving a lot of money. example local plow distributor quoted me $195 for a motor on a western i found it on line for $99. i called them and they said oh i must have misquoted you. yeah right you were gouging me and now you've lost my business. when things tighten up people have to make sure venders aren't taking advantage of them. when everyone is fat and happy they arn't as concerned. this is how a capitalist system keeps itself in check.
  3. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Thats how it goes areond here ever season, wait till the last min, quick call some one and try to get a bettter deal!
  4. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

We have been swamped this year, already. We are bidding 3-4 residential contracts a day. This is going to be a good year.:D
  5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I have a pretty full schedule already. People are so slow at making final decisions for commercials! It kinda ticks me off. I have to order salt by a certain date most of the time. This year I should be able to get enough and I want to get into the market more so I won't be turning any customer that's late away. But whatever. Someday it will snow 4" of heavy wet snow and people will be getting stuck! Can't wait to see that happen