1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ProControl

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by kramer56, Dec 4, 2008.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Does anyone know if the backlit is supposed to stay on or is it supposed to go off after a few seconds of no use. I looked thru my manual and found nothing about it. It can be hard to see the buttons at night. I was wondering if thats how it is manufactured or is there an adjustment?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They did that so it wouldn't eat batteries in the wireless. I think it sucks, you have to press a button so you can tell what button to push:confused:

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

lol exactly what happens basher, so there is no way to make them stay on then. It really isn't to handy at night but I made it work by doing the same you did, I was just curiious if thats the way they were and are there any fixes for it?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We'll see, I hope there's an up-grade. Even with the wireless it's a rechargeable that plugs into the powerjack and can be used while it's charging. I want the lights on all the time.

5. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

I agree the lights on when power is on would be great. Hitting a button so I know which buton to hit is sometimes fun.:)

6. schuitb

schuitb Member

No lights

What? no one has the controller memorized yet?? kramer with all the snow you already got i thougth you would know the controller better than any one! how many keys are on the keyboard in front of you? you probably know where to find each one with out looking down too right :p Ok... ok. maybe you still need more practice. more snow for u! ;)

7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

lol yeah I do have it down pretty good I was curious to see if there was something aboiut mine that not quite right. And we are getting more snow today. Lights on would be a great thing when its on

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

This is what I looking at tonight I live in Jefferson county
    Statement as of 9:59 PM EST on December 05, 2008

... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 7 am EST
    Saturday...

A lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 7 am EST
    Saturday.

Lake effect snow with snowfall rates of around 2 inches per hour
    will continue to produce severe winter driving conditions tonight
    from Watertown to Fort Drum.

A band of heavy lake effect snow is stretching from Adams Center
    and Watertown northeast through Calcium... Carthage... Harrisville...
    and Fort Drum. This band is expected to remain nearly stationary
    across central Jefferson and northern Lewis counties through about
    2 am before moving north into areas from Cape Vincent to Redwood
    and Theresa late tonight.

Storm total accumulations are expected to reach 12 to 18 inches in
    the most persistent bands from central Jefferson County to
    northern Lewis County. Areas from Cape Vincent to Redwood and
    Theresa can expect 3 to 6 inches late tonight as the band moves
    northward.

In lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow
    in narrow bands to flurries just a few miles away. If you will be
    traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in Road
    and visibility conditions.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Show Off LOL

10. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

I have not got to plow with mine yet just driving around spreading Ice melt. I only thought that since it lights up it ought to light when its on, just because it can, not because i need it. If it did not light I would not have noticed but lighting after you hit the button doesn't do much good it does it? i don't know i just noticed it and thought it was strange not a big deal.

11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

no not a big deal but I would love it to stay lit when on, easier to find in the dark. lol

12. schuitb

schuitb Member

in the dark

I think that is why the power light says on all the time... As basher said it is designed like the cordless controller and auto turn off is to conserve the battery life. This must be snow way's way off getting us to only have accounts closer that 15 min. drive away from each other:jester:

13. CJPRN

CJPRN Junior Member

I just have a straight blade but it only took about five minutes to get comfortable with the remote without looking at it so I don't have any issue with the backlighting. Regarding your weather report it's amazing how variable lake effect can be. Went to Syracuse last night. They have no snow at all. Coming home from Sandy Creek to about Adams I was going about 50 or so on the interstate. In Watertown we were getting a real fine light snow-no big deal. Lake effect is so unpredictable I don't think the weather man is ever right.

14. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

they get paid to be wrong lol