1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by mxr576, Dec 16, 2008.

1. mxr576

mxr576 Junior Member
    from Boston

Plow works sometimes and other times it doesnt. Solenoid is clicking and sending power. Sometime when i raise it it will get stuck up till i hit a bump and it will drop. Sometimes it wont do anything. Its getting agravating and i cant get threw to tech suport. Thanks for the help.

2. MercerUnlimited

MercerUnlimited Junior Member

Welcome to my world MX.... I disconnected everything and cleaned and greased all the connection points and that has helped. You might try draining and replacing the fluid as well. I just got this Curtis and I've had a few problems with it but everyone who has had one seems to tell me it's a great plow once you get the bugs worked out. Wish the tight a*ses at the Curtis HQ would sell parts on line like the rest of the world. That would make life for us owners a lot easier... Good luck. Let me know what you find out.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well he is in Boston which is a 55 min ride to the Curtis factory in Worc. Not that bad to get parts. OH, not so much.

4. mxr576

mxr576 Junior Member
    from Boston

Yea i have a dealer like 10 minutes away too. I drained all the fluid and replaced it. cleaned the connectors and greased them. When i first bought the plow used last year it did this then went away for the rest of the season. It just a weird problem. And agravating. thanks for the help. Glad I bought an x-blade for my other truck :D

5. MercerUnlimited

Boss and Western are the big names here in Central OH. Will probably clean this thing up and sell it ASAP. Just not worth the headache when I see magazine after magazine and website after website with blown up views and schematics for every other manufacturer out there. Should have done my homework I suppose.....

6. MercerUnlimited

Lesson learned, as usual the hard and expensive way. Anyone in the market for a Curtis? lol... I've taken care of most of the "obvious" problems...

7. stans1949

stans1949 Junior Member
    from MN

if it is of any help i can send manuals, troubleshooting guides, schematics, and flow charts to help make service easier for anyone who needs it, feel free to call 320-629-6193 or 888-629-6193, or e-mail stans1949@gmail.com