1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problems with wolf wing's

Discussion in 'SnowWolf Plows' started by gohard2016, Jan 18, 2016.

1. gohard2016

gohard2016 Junior Member

so i've been using the wolf wings with the springs in it for the last season, the wings trip when ever i hit just the lightest chunk of hard packed. behind the wings it gets packed full of snow and ice, i've gotta get out of the skid steer, clean out the wings if i don't the main mold board gets lifted up and leaves 1/2 inch of snow under it..... any one else with this problem, any input would help.... :mechanic:

2. gohard2016

gohard2016 Junior Member

any help would be great..... for what i paid for these things, i can't keep'um from tripping and this is nuts....... i'm ready too weld'um solid!!!

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Can you put a stiffer spring in there?

4. gohard2016

gohard2016 Junior Member

when the wings start too trip just a little bit it lifts up plow and leaves a lot of snow behind, hence two trips to clean everything up, whenever you hit anything resembling a piece of hard pack they totally trip.... very very frustrating.... i'm wondering where too look for stronger springs?

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I get what your saying. I was thinking of the assist springs on my trailer ramps...try googling torsion springs.

6. SnowWolf

SnowWolf Sponsor

@gohard2016,

Send our Customer Service team an email at sales@snowwolfplows.com, and we'll try to help you further.

Thanks!