1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problems with western plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by martyman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I have a 6 or 7 year old Western 6.5 plow. Yesterday the A frame broke and I took it to a Mechanic friends shop to have it repaired. The two ram arm that move the plow site to side both where extended all the way out. The mechanic did a great job repairing the A frame, but we had to bleed the lines to the ram in order to get the rams back into position. we topped up the hydraulic fluid but now the rams will only work intermittently. Last night was brutal because for some reason the fuse to the 9 pin harness plug was not connecting, so today I found one of the pins in the plug was sticking too far out and it has stopped blowing fuses. I can hear the plow wants to operate when I push the controller side to side but it still won't work. I have had up and down since repairing and with out that atleast last night I would not have been able to finish my route. I took my jeep to the shop yesterday at 11 and was out by 2pm and by 10 pm was finished 53 residential changing atleast 8 fuses and would like to have my plow working before the next snow fall. I did find that when the plow was pushed against a curb and forced to angle after a while the angle worked for a short time. Thanks if you can suggest any remedies... :(

2. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I'm going to take a guess and say that the fluid is low, there could still be some air in the cylinders that is working its way out. I would re-check the fluid level.

3. martyman

martyman Senior Member

Thankyou...I will check tomorrow...I was out in my non-heated garage today for an hour :cry: Sure do wish I could put a pot belly stove in my garage :mad: