1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problems with spreading evenly

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Trails End Lawn, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

I bought a Swenson 7' v-box spreader this year. I really do not know a whole lot about sanding and salting but am learning quickly. I am having a problem with the sand just spreading on one side of the truck. It all or the marjority of it seems to come out the drivers side of the truck. i have tried opening the gate more to see if that would help but it did not. i have lifted both of the flaps on the side of the spreader so there is nothing blocking the travel for the sand. Does anyone have any ideas for me ???? Thanks!!!
    T

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Engine or hydraulic driven?

3. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

sorry engine driven. 8.5 briggs

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Hmm. Not too familar with spreaders, but, if you slow down the speed of the engine, I'd think it'll spread on all sides. The reason it comes out mostly on the drivers side is because the spinner goes so fast that it comes right off.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the Swenson spreaders have 2 dividers that are inside the shoot. You can adjust these to one side or the other changing the location that the material hits the spinner.