1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems With Sound Off Signal?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DozerMan, Mar 4, 2011.

1. DozerMan

DozerMan Junior Member

I ordered a set of the Sound Off Signal 1400's and installed them under my rear bumper, mostly for snow plowing. I love the lights, they are bright as hell. The problem is one of the original lights had a cloudy look to it when I first put it on. Sure enough, I noticed some drops of condensation after I had washed my truck. While plowing the next storm, the bad light had a very slight flicker to it, and eventually my fuse blew due to the light getting wet. I replaced the fuse and the good light worked but the bad light was shot.

I returned the bad light (under Amazon's return policy) and bought another one. The new light is now installed and works great, but I can also see some minor condensation in it now. The original good light is still fine. Again, since these will not be used much besides plowing snow and we're probably finished for the year, I'm afraid come next year it will go bad as soon as it gets used for an extended period of time.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with these lights? Should I return this again for another? It's just a pain to go to the hassle of re-soldering, un-mounting, and shipping it back...but they cost too much not to. I was just curious if this was common?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

My truck is outfitted with all soundoff lighting and I have yet to have a issue. It sounds like your supplier has a bad batch of them.
  3. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I agree, Sounds like they have a bad batch. I use The SOS products daily and have very few if any problems. Don't be discourged.