1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with snoway pro wireless remote

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gasjr4wd, Jan 10, 2014.

1. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

Only had the remote for about a month or so, used for two snows about 3 hours first snow, 2 hours the second. First storm, it would lose it's "connection" with the plow. Happened about 4-5, maybe 6 times. Also the remote went dead just near the end of the storm. I thought the battery maybe came loose. Removed it, warmed it up, nothing, plugged it in, nothing. Sat for a few minutes thinking, the remove came back to life. After the storm I recharged the remote. A few days later when I had time I took it back to dealer they said they can't find anything wrong and maybe it's the main power plug that wasn't plugged all the way in. Also the remote was dead and they had to recharge it. (?)
    Second snow everything seems to work OK. I kept the plow on for a few days after... I would try to recharge the remote and get a "charge fail" after a few minutes. I would unplug it, plug it back in and get a "charge fail" immediately. This would happen 6, 7, 8 times in a row. I finally noticed if I wiggled it the plug, it would work. Fully charged, I didn't use the truck/plow for 3 days. (got sick)
    Went to raise the plow today and noticed the remote was totally dead.
    WTF?
    They die after 3 days of not being used? Really? Oh, the remote is stored in the warm, dry house.
    I charge it until it says it's done.

Seems like the remote will not keep a charge.

I've got a 20+ yo snoway with the old square controler that I've never had any issue with it - plow or controler. I want to like the wireless, but so far, I'm just not feeling it.

To anyone else that has this remote - How long does your last? Anyone else run into this?

TIA

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

There are smarter people on here than I that will respond. But, I found the only way I could keep my handheld charged was with the 120 volt charger in the house, mine did not come with one so I bought it extra. With that being said, I did not install my unit for 2 years, so I may have killed the battery. I just always left plugged in when not in use. Also, the battery is dealer only, believe me, and I would think is part of the battery problem, how long they sit at every level of supply, I would bet some batteries are 2 years old when the dealer sells them.

3. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Mine just died it wasn't used for 5 days but got a lot of use the last day I used it about 3 hard hours. Normally lasts 2-3 weeks with no use. I leave it in the house when no snow is predicted as its a spare vehicle. I would bring it back to the dealer and snap a few photos with your phone of the messages. If you get nowhere call snoway and demand a replacement one. Good luck

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Swing by and let us look at it, bring your purchase receipt.