1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with Sno-Ex 1075

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I am having problems with my spreader. It seems to be getting jammed up when I use bulk salt. The OL light comes on. I try and free it up by spinning it with my hand, but it feels stuck. Then it works for a few seconds and is wobbly. Anybody have any suggestions?
  2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Is your spreader empty? If it is and is still jamming up It sounds like a bearing went bad. Take the bottom cover off and look inside, You may have to come up with a plan to close it back up because I don't think there made to come off, at least not on my 575. good luck!
  3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

bulk will jam alot but if it is wobbly when it spins then another prob.
    empty take off bottom and run it then.
    put a little pressure on shaft to see how it reacts to weight this will give u a better idea of problem
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys thanks for the help! I took it to a friends house, and we found that a 2" rock was in it. I must have been just big enough to get through the grate. We are gonna make a smaller grate for it on Sunday. I'm glad it was nothing major. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
  5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

np good luck
  6. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Run bagged product through it and that will end your problems. We have several 1075's and run about 50-75 tons of bagged through them per year with no problems except for the JUNK SnowEx controllers. We keep 2 or 3 extras around for back-up. Good Luck !!!