1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problems with power i think

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by schockservices, Apr 12, 2009.

1. schockservices

schockservices Junior Member
    from ND

when I am hot n heavy into plowing i run my heater fan 4 corner strobes, light bar 2 high speed revolvers, and in some instances my arrowstick not led, and 2 fog lights pointing rearward not always on just when doing a lot and want to see behind real good. Now after the boring equip update. I have a boss 9.2 power v rt3 with smart hitch when i fire up first thing in my heated shop my plow will not raise for a little while seems like maybe alt is shot also when i plow all equip running when i lift to back up and want to angle the plow it will not go. I put in a second battery in hopes of curing the problem seems to help but can i just put in a bigger alternator? Sorry got long and boring just giving you info to help. 2001 dodge ram 2500 360 gas engine.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With all that stuff on I think your going to need a diesel generator in the back of your truck to run everything. Do you really need all that stuff on? I'm luck if I plow with the lights on.