1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with plow pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigdaddyracing, Jan 20, 2005.

1. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Plowed this morning... -20 here... very cold. Plow worked good for about 5 minutes, then for last 3 hours had problems. The pump is a Monarch M683 which is under the hood. Every time I would go to raise the plow, the plow would angle all the way to the left and then raise... then it would not angle to the right with out playing with the toggle switch...
    Anybody have any ideas... I don't mind pulling the pump out and checking it out, but I would like to know that that is what it is before I do this...
    Any help would be great, thanks...

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

several possible problems but since I don;t know exactly your setup I am making educated guesses. Try your electrical system- if it is electricak to solonoid control a relay could be bad/stuck in the cold (common), bad ground wire, etc. Possibly frozen lines. If mechanical control either your control cables are damaged or the valve is bad.

I suspect a bad ground as the most likely suspect if electrical controlled. Power is going through the "left" circuit to power the"up" circuit and power through the left circiut like that will oppose the right circuit and prevent it from working at all.

3. bigdaddyracing

bigdaddyracing Member

Thanks for the reply Justme-... I think my only hope is to pull the pump out and put her on the workbench... Thought I might wait until Saturday until warms up and see if problem is still existing... could be due to low temperature...