1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with New Holland

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jcos, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jcos

jcos Junior Member

My New Holland LS 180 is having problems with the cab fan & heat. Works great for a while then will go off for a while then come back on at random. I'm thinking it's a loose wire. Anyone know where I should start? Also I have never worked on this machine before so any input on how to get to the wires would be great.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if yours is anything like mine... its very simple... and a rewire and toggle switch take less than 30 mins

3. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

My deere is basically a nh or vce versa & I don't have a factory heater, just one I added but here's how I would start. Start at the switch or knob you use to turn it on with. remove that panel & check switch, & backtrack the wires from there. Like elite1 said though if you know where the fan is I'd probably just rewire it & get it over with. If you want to test the theory before you chase the wires down, run a jumper between the fan & the switch or direct to the battery that would rule out the wires. good luck

4. jcos

jcos Junior Member

Thanks for the help

I tested the switch, then the fan and heater still no power, then followed the hot wire to the engine compartment, still no power looked at the relays and one was toasted a little. I then removed the cooked one and moved the good one to the bad one's spot and sure enough the fan and heat worked. Then proceeded to order two new relay's.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

5. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

kool... or I should say hot huh. Good work