1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with mid 80's f350 w/6.9L?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dig-it Landscap, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I have a friend with a mid 80's f350 dually 2wd with a 6.9 diesel and an automatic. it has low miles. it is his uncles and he got a new truck and put it in a barn for the last 2 years. i plan on getting a truck for a employee to drive only around the town that we work in pulling trailers. i may some time out a plow on it but i think it will do fine with the small amount of snow we get here in southern ohio with some ballast. are there any problems with these trucks? it has no rust and will need 2 new batteries, fluids, and filters. they only want $500 for it. and if i ever need a 4x4 i got the old cummins. so is it a good idea? it should keep costs down.
  2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Based on your description of the truck it sounds like a good deal. The truck, engine, and trans(C-6) are very good, and reliable even with marginal maintenance. Just don't expect much in the way of performance since it is a non turbo.