1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with LIN 3's

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bltp203, Oct 17, 2008.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well I removed my Whelen LIN 3's from the back window and installed them on my salter. When I powered them up for the first time, 1 would flash really dim and the other just stayed solid. I tried playing around with the sync wire but nothing works.

Yes the lights worked just prior to removal. They were not dropped or damaged in anyway. I have removed them from the salter and am working with them on the bench, so the wiring harness isn't the issue either.

Is there a way to "reset" them to factory default? I was unable to find anything on the Whelen site that could help.

Ideas?

2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Change the pattern. Sounds like one is on the pattern: Steady burn.

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Hold positive power to the pattern wire as you turn the lights on. That will reset them to the default pattern. I have had them flash dimly before if they are not getting good power and ground also.

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

lol what he said ^^^^^^^

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I ment to say that I tried to change the patterns with no luck (instead of messing with the sync wire).

I will try those ideas.

Thanks guys.