1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problems with fisher wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ram_tough2001, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

hey all..just like the title says. im having problems with my wiring. i had the wrong 9 pin harness so i got the correct one and its stioll doing the same thing. truck lights wont switch off and go to the plow lights when connected. but when i put the left directional on the plow lights and truck lights blink off and on with the directional. i have 4 brand new relays and i checked and double checked to make sure the wires were hooked up in the right spots. i dont know what to do anymore. im about ready to give up...oh by the way its a 2001 dodge ram. 8 foot minute mount one with a 2 plug setup. any ideas on what wrong? i would hate to have a fisher dealing fix it. my boss thinks its a grounding problem. but im not sure. any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Averysdad

Averysdad Member

I didnt notice in your description, but did you also check to make sure the parking light wire was hooked up (believe its brown, but I'd have to check my truck)? Also, is this a new install or did this work at one point in the past?
  3. ram_tough2001

its a new install, what parking wire? the purple gray and brown wires? if so...yes they are hooked up properly. the plow works fine but i just cant seem to get the lights to work.
  4. ram_tough2001

everything is all fixed. i had the gray and brown wires plugged into the wrong wires. swapped them and everything is fine. thanks for the help everyone.