1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problems with fisher ht install

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Snow Miser, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Hey I am installing a fisher ht on a 2007 jeep wrangler and I am having some issues. I know I connected everything correctly, double and tripled checked everything. There are three issues that I am having.
    1. I have no power to the controller.
    ( I checked the switch wire to make sure it was hot when the key was turned on and I also put a test light to controller plug so see if i got power and i didn't).
    2. I have no headlights on the plow. the headlights stay on the vehicles. but i do get running lights and turn signals.
    ( I've tried another brand new 3 port module to see if that was the issue and it wasn't. unless i got two bad modules out of the box. )
    3. the turn signals are backwards on the plow.
    (I know i connected the two pin connector correctly and that if i flip it around it will correct turn signals but I still shouldn't have to do that if I installed the wiring correctly. )

these issues have never come up with any of the plow installs that I have done. And I have done probably over 25 installs with probably 15 of them being fishers( everything from an ht to an HD, to an x blade, extreme v and xls).

So any insight would be helpful, I really don't want to start replacing wiring harnesses if I don't have to.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

New plow/old plow?
    1st 2 could POSSIBLY be bad plow module,everything you state leads to bad or unconnected ground,double check the square connectors on the controll harness,i have accidentally got them to plug in incorrectly.
    As for the turn signals,which side of the truck did you mount the Iso Module?If driver side the colors match,if passenger you flip the 2 sided plug.

3. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

It's a brand new plow out of the box. I double checked the ground cable, I have it directly connected to the battery, unless the problem is that there is a break in the ground wires somewhere. As for the turn signals I know that when iso mod is on the driver side the wire colors are supposed to match up and that when it is on the passenger side you reverse the plug. I just think that something might be wrong because I ran the iso mod on the driver side and in order to get the turn signals to work correctly I have to connect the plug with the colors mismatched.

I have to recheck the square plugs to see if they were put together right, but I am almost positive they are.

4. Arc Burn

There is also the ground plug on the "A" and "B" harness's off the Iso Mod,i'm assuming you are hooked up to the plow,it's gotta be plugged in to get power to the controll.
    Check that you didn't hook the headlight harness up backwards,that would also throw your turn signals off

5. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Yeah the plow is connected when I try to turn on the controller. The light harness is connected correctly the headlight plug with the green wires is on the driver side, the plug with the blue wires is on the passenger side.

6. Arc Burn

I meant on the plow headlights themselves,if they were back it would throw the turn signals off at the green/blue configuration plug.
    For the no power condition you could have a bad controll or plow module(another black box out on the pump,double check all the connections from the factory out on the pump underneath the plastic cover

7. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

The plow side lights are correct i know that for a fact. And i know the controller is good because i tried another truck with multiplex wiring. I haven't tried a different plow module yet because i don't have an extra one in stock.
    I not going to be able to work on the plow and truck again until weekend until its back at my shop. That way i can test different plows and truck combos with equipment that i know works to see if the problem is truckside or plowside or both.
    I'll keep you updated if i get anywhere. Thanks for your help so far.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Try to erase what you've already done mentally. Just start from scratch following the directions step by step. I understand you have experience doing this, but we all need to take a step back now and again and look at each individual component systematically. JM2C.

9. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Did you get the (2) four wire plugs on the control harness plugged into the correct places, 1 to the headlight harness and 1 to the battery harness the plugs will fit the wrong place.

10. Arc Burn

Good thought,i have seen them plugged incorrectly but yes,could also be backwards....

11. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Yes connected the 4 pin plugs correctly i have the one labeled battery going to the battery harness and the other one going to the light harness. yea I am going to have to agree with repoman that I should just start from scratch. I am going to rip everything out this weekend and try it again. I was trying to avoid redoing everything but oh well i guess at this point I have to.

12. Arc Burn

Did you check the fuses in the harness?

13. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

the fuses were the first thing that i check, both on the harness and on the plow.

14. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

I figured out the problem, the plugs labeled B and C were mislabeled. I switched them and now everything works.

15. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm not going to say it....I'm biting my tounge.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not the first time I've seen that one. How about you Arc?

My favorite is the mis-boxed stuff. :whistling:

17. Arc Burn

I've seen 1 mislabeled harness and a few E-Force kits with the wrong headlight harness's

18. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

Yeah the way I figured it out was that I was looking at one of my other trucks and I noticed that there were blue and red wires going into port c and green and red wires going into b. and when I looked at my recent install on the jeep i noticed the colors were backwards, but the labels still matched up to the correct port, so i switched them and now the plow works without a hitch.

Plus this probably the 3rd or 4th time fisher has messed up the parts they sent me. I've gotten mount kits before with both driver side push plates, i've gotten at 29049 kit in a kit labeled 29400-2., and so on.