1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with 860SW NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I have been having issues with my plow the last few storms it wont raise all the time. The motor runs but will not raise the plow all other fuctions work. I put a new diode & motor on. Now after that I tried it and now the plow controler lights flash when trying to raise and it dont raise, But the light will stay on if it does raise. Also if the controler wont raise the plow and I go use the power switch to raise it and I blow the inline fuse in the cab. But if the contoler raises it, the power switch works fine also. I Clean the plow and trucks main wiring harness and put it back together. I am thinking its the connection between the two. Do the truck or plow side harness go bad?? The plow is about 10 years old. Please help snow tomorrow.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. What happened if you put the old diode pack.back on?
    Did it originally have any issues with it going left of right?

3. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

nope only when raising. even with the new or old diode. If it dont raise all the other fuctions work. The motor will run but not raise. It seems if I wiggle the main harness connection it will raise.

4. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

ive been having issuers on my older 810 (2003) with the plug being worn on the truck side plug. i had to take a very fine screw driver and bend the connectors together.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well try wiggling the harnesses. Only other thought I has was the pump

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Check for continuity/voltage at the white wire on the ten pin connector while your buddy is hitting the raise switch on the controller.

7. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

What should the voltage be at the white wire? I will look at the truck side harness better tomarrow. I do notice when I wiggle the harness it works.

8. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Also what would it be if the volts are to low?

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You're just looking for current. 12v or nothing.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You probably have a broken or chaffed wired in your truck side harness

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I had Stonebrooke put s new truck side harness in my 05 a couple years back. It was cheap insurance and fixed these little problems.

12. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Have you cleaned and repacked with dielectric grease? I have had that issue before, not enough dielectric grease.

13. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

I have cleaned and repacked the harness. We plowed around 10 hours with the storm. The guy who runs it said it acted up a few times each time he wiggled the main wiring harness and it worked, so that must be it. I will look closer at it today.

14. maelawncare

Broken pins? I have a truck with a broken down pin, actually 2 trucks. Wiggling fixes it.

15. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Find a machine screw that is about the same size as the pin, grind the head off and round it off. Where the broken pin is drill a small piolit hole. Thread in the screw that you cut the head off in till you match the same height as the others. I

16. maelawncare

Or a set screw. Thats what I use.