1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems Need help ... ASAP blizzard LT680 plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Oct 31, 2010.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Basically ran the wiring according to manual. This is whats going on the hydraulic pump is basically always on.

i ve attached some pics highlighted one everytime i tap the red 4 gauge wire from the yellow connector everything works but its constantly on. weird.

Another thing where the hydraulics are under the black cover theres a red wire 4 gauge that isnt hooked up to anything but it has a ring terminal on it... WEIRD again i followed it and its attached to the same harness red braided sleeve as the joystick harness.

* need help ASAP the seasons about to start.

IMG-20101031-00007.jpg

IMG-20101031-00006.jpg

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

give me an email, jon@ pristineproperty.ca

3. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sounds like a ground problem

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

The Anderson plug (yellow 2 conductor) is not stock. The extra lead under the cover is probably the stock red power conductor in the single plug harness. If the solenoid is wired correctly and the plow comes on whenever plugged in, then your solenoid is stuck in the closed position.

5. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

dont think its a ground problem all grounds are off the battery.

fastjohnny, possibility the solenoid is no good? but if it wasnt good it wouldnt lift up or down

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

also red wire that i mentioned is not connected under the hydraulic cover is not even part of the yellow connector its part of the same harness that the joystick wires are wrapped in the red braided sleeve.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Your original power lead is not connected, obviously there must have been a problem, thus someone added the yellow plug. You should have the main ground attached to the battery.

Go to your owners manual and verify all correct wiring. If, when you plug it in the motor runs, then the solenoid must be stuck in the closed position, allowing current to flow all the time. OR one of your control switches might be fried, but I'd bet on the solenoid first.

8. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

ok i ll check it out and ur saying that anderson plug isnt part of the blizzard oem product

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Right. Solenoid should be: one small terminal to ground, one small terminal to brown wire in harness, large terminal to +batt, other large terminal to large red wire in harness AND/OR your Anderson plug, if you are going to use it.

10. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

thats exactly what i ve got, like in the pic:

* left on solenoid is suppose to be ground to chasis since it was close i put it to the battery

* right on solenoid is the brown white wire

* top on solenoid top is the main power 4 gauge wire for the hydraulics i guess

* and bottom is just looped to battery to feed power.

- just like the manual says, does anyone have a picture or idea where the main power wire should go so i can eliminate that anderson plug. Cause if its not necessary looks like someone tappered with the wiring.

- someone correct me the anderson plug should be there, so i should just eliminate it and work with the original wiring.

11. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

no that yellow connector is not OEM. Atleast not when I had my 680LT

12. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

ok so the original red main 4 gauge wire is unplugged, looks like they looped it for some reason with that anderson.

I just need to find out where the original main red 4 gauge wire goes on the hydraulics side?

OR

Should i just look here the red wire from the anderson plug is hooked up to on the hydraulics and put the Blizzard oem red wire where the red wire from the anderson plug is right now....

13. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The reason someone used the anderson is that they had trouble with the OE connector. The anderson will carry the current better. It sounds as if the solenoid is always on. Could be the solenoid, or it could be something else. If you pull the plow side of the solenoid the motor stops correct?

The small wires on the solenoid pull the hot side off that. Does the solenoid turn off?

It might be easier if you drew a quick diagram showing how you have it wired rather then the pics. I can't really see details.

14. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Its listed above but I can put together a quick picture of the wiring I did

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

What happens if you connect the red wire to the pump under the cover (after disconnecting the anderson) As per manual :
    Electrical Assembly - Plow Harness

1. Begin the electrical assembly by connecting the RED POWER WIRE
    from the PLOW ELECTRICAL HARNESS to the PUMP motor terminal
    stud using the hardware provided on the pump. Note: The red power
    wire contains an end ring terminal too large for the pump motor stud.
    Remove the end ring terminal from the harness and replace it with
    the 1/4" DIA. END RING TERMINAL located on the pump motor
    terminal stud.erson)

16. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

That's how it is

17. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Also it sounds like it's wired right. I assume there is another end to the anderson connector.

18. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry... I thought you said it wasn't hooked up to anything.

19. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

it wasnt hooked up but as one of the members mentioned it wasnt a blizzad product out of curiousity, I removed the anderson plug took out the ground and the power wire from the pump. After used the original red main power wire and put i on the stud of the pump and nothing worked.

i m starting to think its the solenoid stuck closed, it only works when the solenoid is by passed with the anderson and even yet the pumps always running.

20. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

top is how it is attached blizzard style. Wont work.

bottom is with the anderson plug attached, tapping the bottom of the solenoid which is looped to the battery. seems the solenoid is bypassed this way but power is constant.

plow wiring.jpg