1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems getting plow to hook up

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Dec 1, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I seem to be having trouble hooking my plow up lately. I drive into it, but when I flip the switch up for the power hitch to draw the plow in it wont draw it in. When I look under the truck the hook curls in then the arm lifts to the plow frame. Shouldn't it be the other way? Lift, then hook and pull? It always use to pull the plow in. Any thoughts?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

pull the round pin to release the arm deal first

3. DaySpring Services

I remembered to do that part. I know Im doing everything right on my part.

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

maybe the plow is too low... raise it up a little. i had to do this when after i cranked torsion bars.

5. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Had the same exact problem with my 2003 model and the fix is simple. You have to tighten the bolt/nut that attaches the hook to arm. Good luck.

6. DaySpring Services

Thanks, Ill give that a shot!!

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, there it is. :nod:

8. DaySpring Services

That's what it was!! Tightened the bolt up and it works flawless once again. Thanks for the help. It was pretty tricky getting it to hook up before.

9. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

No problem, glad to help.....:)

Ryan

10. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Same Problem here too

I was just reading all your replies to this post. I am having the same problem. But to add to this question, how tight should the bolt be? Blizzard's manual says 282 ft. lbs. lubricated and 376 ft. lbs. dry. I have a torque wrench, but only goes to 150 ft. lbs. Did you tighten the bolt little by little till the arm came up the way it is supposed to, or did you give it one good crank and call it good?

Thanks