1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problems angling Uni-Mount---help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ctplowguy, Feb 11, 2006.

1. ctplowguy

ctplowguy Junior Member
    from ct

The Uni-mount on my F-350 starting acting up.I have a fish-stick handheld control,and when I push right or left,it either

1.does nothing
    2.goes the wrong way
    3.starts to go the right way for a second then snaps back and goes the other way

As you can imagine this gets extremely annoying,and makes plowing my driveway a nightmare.Sometimes I think I can do it quicker shoveling with a spoon-and it would probably be less aggravating!
    Every once in awhile it will work correctly.If I remember right,it acts up more after I have been plowing for a couple of minutes.It hasnt snowed in so long that I forget!!
    Any ideas before the storm hits are appreciated.Thanks!
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Start with the easy stuff, make sure the controller is lugged in all the way, make sure the grill connectors are clean and plugged in all the way. Go and borrow a buddies controller (joystick or handheld) and plow with it for a while to rule out the controller. Now the fun part, which way does it go when it goes the wrong way? when it snaps back and goes the other direction is it the same as the wrong way? Does it do it after you have been using the plow with alot of angling back and forth or does it do it also while cold?