1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by frndinalowplace, Oct 6, 2007.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

I put my plow on the other day to test it out. Worked alright. One of the problems is that when you angle it to either side it will make a noise like it hit something then a second later it will make another noise? This only happens when you angle it to the right most, or the left most. It sounds like the plow is kicking back to the opposite way it was intended to be angled. Second problem is you can go lift the lift arm with your hands. The piston moves freeely? is this a lack of fluid? Do I have air in the system? Please provide your input.

Thanks
    Dan.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yes, you can lift the lift ram that is normal.

As for your other problem take a look at your pivot point.
    There also could be some junk in you fluid causing the valve to stick

3. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

bump? to the top?

4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thats a natural occurance. I cant for the life of me remember the explanation but Meyers do that sometimes.

I do believe.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It is normal for it to "bang" when angled to the right with the toggle controls or a slick stick but it ain't normal to do it to the left...ever. Like Snofarmer already mentioned...it's more than likely the king bolt or the pivot hole in the A-frame nose plate. They like to wear the pivot bolt or the hole out really bad from use. It causes the sector to move for and aft as it's angling..thus making the noise and "kicking back". Pull the A-frame off the sector and check the bolt holes in the sector and especially the A-frame..I think your gonna find a worn king bolt or bolt hole. If the hole or bolt is left un-repaired, they will actually wear right through the end of the nose plate and the sector/moldboard assembly will drop right off the end of the A-frame...not good.

6. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

So it is normal for the bang noise then? What about the lifting of the lifting cylinder with your hand? Is this normal. It still runs fine. But I am just wondering.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

YES, even thou you do not want to hear it from me.

Fluid on one side AIR on the other.
    a one way ram.
    Yes, you can lift the lift ram that is normal.

As for your other problem take a look at your pivot point.
    There also could be some junk in you fluid causing the valve to stick

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Id put money on that your using a touch pad controller. If so the secondary noise is norm...Rob

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It is normal. Mine clunks and bangs like that too. Even with new parts. It is just one of those things you get used to all winter, but have to get re-acustomed with in the beginning of the season

10. frndinalowplace

from 7hills

Ya I've gotten used to it just making sure everything was all good. Thanks guys!