1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by BWhite, Oct 11, 2003.

1. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I havent been able to get into plowsite all day . I had to use my wifes computer . Which I am on right now . THe rest of my internet explorer works fine . Can anyone help ? Bill

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Go figure. I couldn't get on either. I logged into the Admin area, then followed a link there to a user profile, then to the last post they made. Then I went to the plowing forum, then to this one using the drop down menu at the bottom of every page. I cannot access PS by typing in www.plowsite.com

I have no clue why, but it is frustrating. I could have been here two hours ago.....

It took me that long to consider coming in a back door...

~Chuck :realmad:

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I can't get on the Plowsite homepage, everything else loads up fine. There are definately some gremlins in the new server to be chased.

4. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Weather issues

The problems were apparently with the weather functions timing out and therfore making the home page time out as well.

I have disabled the weather function and everything appears to work fine now.

I'll investigate this further later.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

Note: this has nothing to do with the server too busy errors that we were experiencing a few weeks ago. Now that LawnSite is on its own server (PlowSite is on the same one as before), the load hardly ever goes above 1, while the server too busy errors are shown when the load is above 12.

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I thought it was only me, I couldnt get in all day, right now is the first time today it let me in. Im glad to know its not only me though. Mike

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the quick fix, Pierre!

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Thanks Pierre-Luc!

On a side note, it sure is nice not having that weather screen in the way at the top. I can see what I came here for, and my visit is going much faster than usual (dial up here still). Very nice!! I guess that feature hogs up some speed for the site?

8. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Thanks for the fix .....My life is whole again LOL Bill

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Got in on the first try today! Thanks for the quick fix!! :drinkup: Mike