1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem????/

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sector4Me, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Sector4Me

Sector4Me Banned (again)

Anybody had any problems with the new light tower on the BLIZZARD Plow? My lights will not ground??????

Need help.:realmad:

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!

If you do a search here, you will find a current thread talking about that issue. Good luck!

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Sector, Couple of things you can do to get a ground on the new towers. The old ones could have the same problem too if the bolts weren't tightened.

Clean the powder coat off the pins the tower drops into. Clean the tower where it registers with the pin. Clean the bottom of the tower where it hits the pocket and clean the pocket.

The new harnesses will have a ground for the Running lights and Turns from what I have been told.

You can also run a seperate wire for a ground to the tower.

Jerre

4. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Jerre,
    I put the tower on today, and I am not getting any running lights or headlights. Turn signals work, but nothing else. Do you have any ideas? Do you think the relay is bad?

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I understand now, Jerre!

6. Jerre Heyer

No running lights means you either:

A --- Have a blown fuse in which case you'd have no running
    lights on the truck.
    B ---- Hooked up to the wrong wire for the running light feed.
    C ---- Hooked up the relay wrong.
    D ---- Bad connection hooking up the wire to the truck run lights.

If you find a blown running light fuse the next question is do you have the 3 Relay or the Single relay version for the headlight hook up. Single relay version you used the wrong headlight harness. 3 relay you used the wrong harness or have 2 wires crossed.

Been there done that. Jerre

Best one is hooked up to the DLRL lower fog lamps for the new Cheve. Right turn on the plow came on with the DLRL. 2 bulbs to choose from. Silly me I picked the clear one.

I'm going to go with wire connection. Either you hooked up to the ground or the connector didn't go together properly.

D/S connection is Purple wire to turn signal, Grey wire to running lights.

Jerre

7. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Jerre, no blown fuses or anything. also, I get no headlights-brights or dims, I double checked all the relay connections and found that when I pull the bright connector off while the lights are on, the truck brights turn off. I have a solid connection on the running lights tap. The only thing I can think of is since the headlights don't work either, the relay is bad. any thoughts?
    thanks for the help

8. Jerre Heyer

Matt, If you have the right connector for the headlights and you have the running light tap hooked up you should have lights.

You said you have no plow running lights. Do you have 12+ at the white wire with the black stripe on the relay ? This should have power when the lights are on. This wire provides the power and the Green with yellow stripe is the ground.

If you have power at the white wire you should have running lights on the plow.

Feel free to call tommorow at the shop till 5. Jerre