1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

problem with western plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JRuffryders0930, Dec 11, 2006.

1. JRuffryders0930

JRuffryders0930 Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a 8ft plow and i am not getting any power to the pump. I know i am getting power to the solenoid but from there there is no power coming out of the solenoid to the pump and i just put a new solenoid on too. Today i was messing around with it and i found out that if i put a ground wire to one of the smaller posts on the solenoid i hear a click from the solenoid and then there is power going to the pump. But the fuse for the control blows and i am back at aquare one again. Has anyone here had this problem before or can anyone help me out on what it could be. I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks
    Joe

2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Hi Joe, you didn't mention what truck its on but heres something for you to look at and doudle check your wiring, you'll have to scroll bown to find the wiring section.
    Hope this helps.xysport

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/13591_111894.pdf

3. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

it is on a 98 chevy p/u 2500 4wd 5.7. thanks for your help

4. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Good, that wiring is for your truck then, le us know what you find.:nod:

5. JRuffryders0930

from NJ

yea i was just looking at it and it looks like everything is hooked up right but i will print it out at work tomorrow and make sure everything is right. If not i hope i can figure it out somehow. thanks again. If anyne else has anything else i am all ears over here. I should just make the city buy a new plow. that would make life for me easier maybe.

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

What plow is it?

7. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

What kind of solenoid doyou have on there? Is it a negative isolated one for a snow plow or an old ford type? If its not the negative kind you may be putting positive to positive.