1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with ultra mount wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nv_my_z71, Dec 26, 2009.

1. nv_my_z71

nv_my_z71 Member

I am getting ready to go look at friends truck to help him. He has an 06 chevy 4 port iso system and he wired it up and has no power at the controller and it gets a buzzing noise at all times throught the solenoid. Plow doesn't work sounds like a wire crossed or not grounded correctly somewhere and it is backfeeding. Any suggestions
    Thanks

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you check the wires on the "solenoid" to make sure they are all clean and tight?
    diagram (if these are the color of your wires)

4port sol.jpg

have you check the fuses?

fuses.jpg

Check the grounds??

Is it a "4 port 2 plug" or "4 port 3 plug"??

what kind of ultra plow??

was the controller hook to a "accessory" pole in the fuse box with a 6amp fuse holder?

Try to give as much info you can

4port sol.jpg

fuses.jpg

3. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

sounds like u have a wrong wire on one of the small poles on the solenoid, if u have a striaght blade u should be using one wire i forget the color and u should have one that is not used

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the following

A) check the red wire (has a 6amp fuse in line) to the controller. This wire must be attach to a "accessory" pole in the fuse box. Check to make sure you have power, and check the fuse to see if it is blown

Assuming you have a 4 port 3 plug there are brown/green, brown/red, and red/green

A) check the brown/green and brown/red to make sure the connection on the relay "small terminals" are clean, tight, and not broken.

B) red/green belongs on the "big terminal" battery, and has a 15 amp P/T fuse, and a 10 amp control fuse..Check those fuses to see if the are blown

C) BLACK/ORANGE wire must be grounded. NO ONE REALLY CHECK THIS WIRE. Check the wire to make sure the end is not broken. Make sure it is clean and grounded.

picture

43porth.jpg

Assuming you have a 4 port 2 plug the vehicle battery cable has 4 wires. They are white, tan, black, and red.
    A) red wire goes to the controller and also goes to a 4 connector and onto port #1. There is a 7.5 control amp fuse. Check that fuse. Also there is a BLACK/ORANGE wire that has a connector that goes into the vehicle harness plug (grill plug). MAKE SURE THAT WIRE IS CLEAN and the connection is good.

picture

43plug.jpg

Also check the wires that went through the fire to make sure they are not chaff or bare wire is showing

43plug.jpg

43porth.jpg