1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Problem with this site

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wilnip, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I've been a meMber for a couple months and found alot of useful information here. I can learn how to get customers, how to fix my equpment, how to manage employees, and the list goes on. One thing I cant find anywhere on the site is, HOW CAN I MAKE IT SNOW??????:realmad:
  2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

O well for that you have to do the SNOW Dance :laughing:
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Go SEASONAL! payup
  4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Cant go seasonal. I have only a few clients, but I'm subcontracted to the landscaper I plowed for the last 12 years. This is my first year in business. Bought a 3/4 ton truck and a plow for it and my 1/2 ton. We had one good 2" snow so far, and the driver of my 1/2 ton put the bedside into a pole. Good thing it wasn't a car i guess. :cry:
    Btw, My feet hurt from all the snow dancing I've been doing.
  5. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Sell all your equipment, guaranteed blizzard
  6. QuickPlow

QuickPlow Junior Member

Or you could wash, wax, and detail the inside of your trucks. That works for me. Washed and waxed my last Friday. Had to go salt that night.
  7. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Just prepay for a vacation, to leave on Jan 10th. Guarnteed snow!
  8. doberman

doberman Member

When the weather "experts" say there is no snow in the forecast and I decide to relax and suck back a few pops, usually by the 5th one it miraculously starts to snow out of nowhere.

Go have a few drinks, works for me.
  9. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Or clean it!
  10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

You guys have some great advice. I'm going to start by cleaning and detailing. If that doesn't work, ill list them for sale. If that still doesn't help, I'll search for great deals on a cruise while pounding Miller Lites. Wish me luck.
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Seasonal and snow don't mix!
  12. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

It worked! You guys are the best. Winter weather advisory tonight for 2-5". Let's hope they are right.
  13. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

was dissapointed when i visited for xmas and only snow was on top of ligoner mtn who are you subbing for know a few back in the day
  14. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Well, Mother Nature screwed us again. Our 2-5" forcast turned out to be just a dusting.
  15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Oh yeah and when you see a winter weather advisory DONT go on plowsite and talk about it. That is setting you up for even more disappointment. Im going to get both trucks washed and waxed on friday....